[hpsdr] Direction Finder using Dual-Mercury Diversity Operation

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Thu Sep 22 13:12:28 PDT 2011

I would honestly rather see a Mercury II board designed that would:

1)  Incorporate what we've learned with the Hermes project, like the step attenuator, into the Atlas platform like we did with Pennylane.
2)  Have multiple (2 or 4) ADCs on board running from the same clock.
3)  Possibly larger FPGA if available and/or practical.

This solves Joe's "I don't have enough Atlas slots" to a certain extent while keeping the hardware flexible for experimentation rather than making a self-contained board for every occasion.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com