[hpsdr] VHF/UHF downconverter project for HPSDR

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Thu Sep 22 16:36:56 PDT 2011

Hi Ante,

I happen to use a variation of your B1 "solution" on 70 cm EME with
good results with polarization diversity using an HP-8642B synthesizer
for the LO, a Mini-Circuits ZAPD-900-5W-S+ splitter to drive two
MiniCircuits ZX05-C24LH-S+ mixers, followed by the MiniCircuits
BLP-50+ low pass filters to yield an IF at 10 meters for the HPSDR
dual Mercury receivers to use.

I could do something similar for my operations at 23 cm EME but I
happen to use one of DownEast Microwave's 1296/28 MHz transverters
there, and it works just fine too.

There are many ways to down convert from the VHF and microwave bands,
of course!

Good luck with your project!

73,  Joe K5SO