[hpsdr] Interesting amp kit (maybe)...

tbruns tbruns at mocha42.com
Thu Sep 22 18:42:38 PDT 2011

FWI - I received the following email from the designers (note the first
rough price estimate of a JUMA PA1000 kit is 2000€ or $2706 at today's
exchange).

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in JUMA PA1000. We appreciate your
encouraging comments.

We are continuously getting lot of questions concerning the
availability, price, performance and other features. Possibly the reason
for the high interest is that JUMA PA1000 might be the first published
HF application of the new Freescale 1kW MOSFET. Here is some information
to you.

We have currently only one prototype, which is shown in the JUMA PA1000
site. Everything is looking good and promising but you understand that
it will take some time to evaluate the high power wide band performance
and all the other features. We also need to build more prototypes for
type testing. Additionally our intention is to develop a more
sophisticated user interface with related software including auto band
selection and other useful features. Unfortunately we have rather
limited resources and there are plenty of other JUMA kits which need
support.

The first rough price estimate of a JUMA PA1000 kit is 2000€. Kits might
be available in the first or second quarter of 2012 if everything goes
smoothly. So please be patient. We will update the JUMA PA1000 site when
we are ready.

http://www.nikkemedia.fi/juma-pa1000

73 Juha OH2NLT and Matti OH7SV