[hpsdr] Penelope Firmware Upgrade

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Fri Sep 23 14:37:09 PDT 2011

Hi Ken,

No.  You only need to run Program-Penelope-EPCS4.bat in the latest
USBBlaster-Binaries folder to upgrade your Penelope.  The USBBlaster-
Binaries folder was recently updated to include selections for
Penelope v1.4 so if you don't have the latest version of USBBlaster-
Binaries folder you need to download it.

With Magister, you should be able to run Program-Penelope-EPCS4.bat
and select your version of the Quartus II Programmer from the menu (I
assume you have the QuartusII Programmer installed already, right?)
then select Penelope v1.4 from the next menu, assuming you have the
driver installed for Win7.  If you haven't installed the signed driver
for Win7 you need to download it and install it first.

73,  Joe K5SO