[hpsdr] Phase synchronization of multiple Mercury boards at startup

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sun Sep 25 20:32:16 PDT 2011

Unfortunately, extensive testing here shows that my initial
observations regarding rock-solid phase relationships between multiple
Mercury boards at startup were serendipity.

The "fix" I had so hoped would solve the issue once and for all seems
not to do that after all.  It's better than before certainly but there
are still some random things occurring at start up that insert some
randomness in the starting phase between Mercs and those items are
still eluding me at the moment.

I'll not give up on the problem because it is an important one but I
thought I should back petal publicly a bit on my previous excited
report.  I'll check more thoroughly next time before making such a
report.

Guess we win some and lose some in this most interesting journey, argh!

73,  Joe K5SO