[hpsdr] Excalibur Finished - Some Questions

John Westmoreland john at westmorelandengineering.com
Mon Apr 2 11:54:45 PDT 2012

Joe & HPSDR,

Wanted to mention I finally got my grounds in on Alex TX/RX - and the
'spurs' have pretty much gone away.  10m, specifically, looks 'great' after
getting those in.

So, I guess the obvious suggestion on the next version of Alex is to
include a connector or some other option where it is 'easier' to make these
ground connections.  It is good to make them optional I suppose as well -
but I think there should be a 'real' connector mechanism and cabling method
in which to connect the grounds.  My 'ad-hoc' method turned out to be a bit
of work since I made my own custom connection scheme - but that still needs
improvement.   Anyway, my 2 cents.

73's,
John
A6JBC