[hpsdr] Hermes check out

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Wed Apr 4 19:46:34 PDT 2012

All,

My Hermes board arrived yesterday.

The spur performance is remarkable - Abhi has done a fantastic job with
the PCB design and layout.

No obvious manufacturing issues, Scotty has done his usual expert job there.

Couple of things to note:

1. Do not put your finger on any of the ICs to see how hot they are with
power on. In particular, don't touch the SMPSU chip - fortunately I was
using a current limited power supply :)

2. Do not transmit into a open circuit or other high SWR. Put a dummy load
on the Tx output when testing if not connected to a suitable PA stage.

I'll work on adding the wideband spectrum code over the weekend.

73 Phil...VK6APH