[hpsdr] TLV-Init again

wully wully at bluewin.ch
Fri Apr 20 07:03:29 PDT 2012

Hi Experts

I have upgraded my boards to the newest published firmware versions:

mercury 3.1
pennylane: 1.6
ozy-janus: 2.1

When using the published powerSDR release 2316 (in the titlebar:
OpenHPSDR v2.2.3 (3/29/12)), I can not activate the microphone attached
to the pennylane. This version does not tell any error, but there is no
TX power with the mike. The tune does control power as expected.

When using my own software, I get the error (as stated in an earlier
post), that the error -5 when trying to initialize the TLV320 with the code:

// TLV320AIC init, falls Penelope vorhanden
int i2c_address=0x1b; // penelope
unsigned char buf[3]={0x1e,0x00,0x00}; //    1E 00 - Reset chip (intern
1111)
int errcode;
     errcode = Write_I2C(uhd,i2c_address , buf, 2);
     if (errcode<=0)
     {
         fprintf(stderr,"Penelope nicht vorhanden, kein TLV-Init
%i\n",errcode);
         return;
     }

I would apreciate a hint to the problem.
When using Metis, all works ok

73, hb9epu,alfred