[hpsdr] Need .pof Versions of Firmware

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sun Apr 1 14:11:07 PDT 2012

Bob,

I will send you and Lester the .pof files for Mercury_v3.1 and Penelope_v1.6 via email.  The SVN will be updated soon by Phil.

HOWEVER, be advised that an entirely new firmware set (including Metis v1.7, Mercury v3.2, Penelope v1.7, and Ozy_v2.2) will be released soon and I will ensure that .pof files (as well as .rbf) files are included in the firmware update package that I will shortly be passing to Phil for his review, acceptance, and release/posting.

As for Ozy, you don't load .pof files for Ozy/Magister by using the Quartus II "Active Serial Programming" mode that you like to use for Mercury and Penelope updates with your blaster cable.  Ozy/Magister firmware is done differently.  The current version of Ozy/Magister firmware is v2.2 and that version should should show up automatically for Ozy/Magister when you run your PC program.

The relevant file for Ozy/Magister is Ozy_Janus.rbf and that file is included in the PC program download folder that each PC program developer puts together and the Ozy_Janus.rbf file gets loaded into Ozy/Magister automatically when you run the executable PC program;  that happens each time you run the PC program from a fresh power up of the Atlas bus.

73,  Joe K5SO