[hpsdr] Excalibur Finished - Some Questions

Giovanni Santin gsantin at mclink.it
Mon Apr 2 23:12:08 PDT 2012

Hi John, how did you solve the connectors grounding on Alex ? I tried to solder them to a copper sheet with close fitting holes, but with no success. Bringing the bnc connector body to the correct temperature for soldering proved impossible with my soldering iron. May be I could use a propane torch to heat them but burning the whole board in the process.
I used the through holes as it is explained on Alex manual, but on 10 meters there are still few birdies.

73, Giovanni, IZ0SQZ