[hpsdr] Hermes V1.4 released

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sat Apr 7 20:56:11 PDT 2012

All,

Hermes V1.4 is now available in SVN (/trunk/Hermes/Release) and will shortly
be unloaded to the web page.

This version fixes a bug in the wide band data and also adds a second fully
independent receiver.  For those writing PC code note that only one software
release number is sent which is in the Ozy/Metis location.  Release numbers
for Mercury and Penny(Lane) are still sent but set to zero.

Thanks to some wizardry in the FPGA code  from Joe, K5SO, you can use either
a single or dual receiver version of PowerSDR and single receiver versions
of KISS Konsole, Heterodyne etc.

The increase in supply current with two receivers running is minor and we
have so far used 66% of the FPGA.

Doug, W5WC's,  dual receiver code is available in SVN here:

http://svn.tapr.org/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/W5WC/PowerSDR_HPSDR_2_RX2/bin/Release

Many thanks to Joe for the dual receiver FPGA code and Doug for his dual
receiver version of PowerSDR.

My check-out of the Hermes hardware is progressing well.  Only issue so for
is that the external 10MHz reference input stage does not provide sufficient
drive to the FPGA.  A resistor value change should fix this.

73 Phil...VK6APH