[hpsdr] Select x86 in VS C#

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sun Apr 8 05:27:50 PDT 2012

If you are developing C# code using the free Visual Studio code from Microsoft then  the 2008 version, when run under Win 7 64 bit,  does not immediately allow you to compile for x86 processors.   You need to do this when compiling for KISS Konsole since some of the DLLs are 32 bit.
Here is the way to restore that menu option  (found on the Internet via Google)
1. In VC# Express 2008, go to Tools -> Options.
2. In the bottom-left corner of the Options dialog, check the box that
says, "Show all settings".
3. In the tree-view on the left hand side, select "Projects and Solutions".
4 .In the options on the right, check the box that says, "Show advanced
build configurations."
5. Click OK.
6. Go to Build -> Configuration Manager...
7. In the Platform column next to your project, click the combobox and
select "".
8. In the "New platform" setting, choose "x86".
9. Click OK.
10. Click Close.

This adds a new directory  \bin\x86 where your Release and Debug subdirectories now reside.

I also found that when compiling existing code I had to remove and re-apply all References   (SharpDSP.dll etc) and make sure that any dlls that these call were in the \bin\x86\Release  and  Debug directories.

There may well be other ways to get round this issue but seems to work OK for me.

73 Phil...VK6APH