[hpsdr] Hermes V1.5

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Fri Apr 13 17:55:11 PDT 2012

On Apr 13, 2012, at 5:01 PM, Joe Martin K5SO wrote:

> Thanks, Doug, that's the way I always do it anyway; but no success with it here.  The Hermes Bootloader mode doesn't work for me either.
>
> I've sent a wireshark capture of the PC/Hermes communications to John as he requested; maybe he can spot something amiss with it.  The program works fine updating Metis but not for Hermes when it is selected.

For the record, I just tried out the built-in firmware updater in Heterodyne's Metis driver and it seems to work fine.  To use it, go to Preferences...  Click on the "Hardware" tab at the very top.  Select "Firmware" in the drivers window to the right.  There's an "Upgrade Metis..." button below the firmware versions display.  Click that and it will prompt you to select a firmware version to load.

Be patient after the firmware shows as loaded on the computer, it takes a worrying amount of time for Hermes to reset the FPGA and start streaming data again.

I have not yet tested out Flynn with bootloader mode.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com