[hpsdr] GPSDO

John Westmoreland john at westmorelandengineering.com
Sat Apr 14 16:03:09 PDT 2012

Graham,

I actually just e-mailed Said Jackson responding to him prior to e-mailing
this.

We talked about this yesterday during the conf. call.  There is a module
that is sub $300.00 that could be a candidate replacement for Excalibur.

As soon as I get my password sorted out with the Wiki I will post the files
- which are ready to post - and we will try to get an interest group going.

The result could be a new project.  As Phil pointed out in the conf. call -
we can probably directly connect the GPSTCXO module's output directly to
the Alex bus.

I think this is a cost effective solution; but I will also post this to
Time Nuts (as suggested during yesterday's call by Jeremy) - to get their
input.

I think everyone during yesterday's call agreed it has merit and is worth
further investigation.

I will take a tour with Said and Giovanni of Jackson Labs of their facility
in the near future.

73's,
John
AJ6BC