[hpsdr] any Nios-II programmers out there?

Ken N9VV n9vv at wowway.com
Sat Aug 4 18:32:26 PDT 2012

I see the new Angelia TRx will have a very robust FPGA
using a Cyclone-4 FPGA. Here is a link to the soft core
PC available from Altera, called Nios-II:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nios_II

The prospect of coding DSP demodulation in Nios-II inside
the FPGA is just too big a leap for my simple mind!! <g>

It looks like our tether to the PC is fast approaching
an alternative with embedded processors or soft core FPGA
code!

I hope OpenHPSDR and Apache Labs can attract a knowledgeable
Nios-II programmer to join the Angelia effort. There is so
much promise in this new hardware.

BGA Lives!
73 de Ken N9VV