[hpsdr] Angelia as a VNA

Warren Ziegler wd2xgj at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:21:37 PDT 2012

Roderick,

    Thanks for the reply but I am even more confused now.
"But Hermes won't be able to be used as a VNA if no one develops VNA software "
I thought that VNA was already a function of Hermes and wanted to know
if it could be extended to Angelia, if the VNA function is not
available in Hermes then we really are on speculative ground!

--
73 Warren K2ORS
                WD2XGJ

 Hi Warren,

As you have indicated, Hermes hardware is able to support VNA function. But
Hermes won't be able to be used as a VNA if no one develops VNA software to
drive it. I would imaging that Angelia would be able to have a VNA function
if the firmware is written for it. In fact it would probably be able to have
three detectors instead of just one as for Hermes.

Regards,

Roderick Wall, vk3yc.