[hpsdr] Update on HPSDR and Raspberry Pi

John Melton john.d.melton at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 15 00:56:14 PDT 2012

I have had some success using the Raspberry Pi as the interface to HPSDR.

The Raspberry Pi is running the Raspbian "wheezy" distribution which is
optimized for the Raspberry Pi and supports the hardware floating
point.  I have also overclocked the Raspberry Pi to run at 1GHz (the
default clock speed is 700 MHz). So far it has been running for over a
week without any problems.

The Raspberry Pi is running my ghpsdr3 server and dspserver code. It is
also running the Apache2 web server so makes a complete standalone
system for accessing the HPSDR from any web browser that supports Java
Applets.

In this configuration the server is using about 18% of the CPU and the
dspserver is using about 40% of the CPU.

Currently it is restricted to only one user connection at a time.

It can be accessed at http://g0orx.dyndns.org which has a link to run
the Java Applet client.

Regards,

John