[hpsdr] Pennywhistle as QRO driver

Terry Hatton w1qf.ham at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 14:46:23 PDT 2012

A few weeks ago, someone-  I forget who-  raised the possibility of
using a Pennywhistle amp as driver for a larger amp (the Communications
Concepts EB-27, a 300W monster).   This is to run cw rather than digital
modes, of course.

I have recently done exactly this, and I'm just putting it on air at the
moment.   There are more than a few gotchas, but the Pennywhistle went
together easily and is absolutely the best documented kit I have ever
built.  I'm running it on 15V and getting 20W of cw output with no
overheating.

If anyone wants info on this, I'd be happy to provide it.  The
schematics are all in Tinycad.  Email me direct at w1qf.ham at gmail.com.

73, Terry
W1QF/2