[hpsdr] Introducing Angelia

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sat Aug 4 15:32:12 PDT 2012

Hi Jacques,

Absolutely!  There is no need for you to be dis-heartened at all; quite the contrary, in fact!  A dual-Mercury hardware setup is an extremely powerful HPSDR system!

A dual-Mercury setup can provide dramatic nulling/peaking and diversity capabilities, without question.  Indeed, with regard to diversity operation, the two issues I outlined earlier as "improvements" for Angelia are irrelevant; the dual Mercury system will work for diversity operations as well as Angelia does in any practical sense because absolute phase relationships between the two IQ data streams are not important in diversity operations.

Only when you try to do direction finding or beam steering are absolute phase relationships necessary.

73,  Joe K5SO