[hpsdr] Loading PowerSDR 2.2.3 into old XP machine

Bob Campbell joan-bob at bigpond.net.au
Wed Aug 22 03:47:24 PDT 2012

Hi Bill,
Thanks Bill this is very good advice on thinking about it. I was a bit
hasty to get things going and took the first thing Mr Google threw up at
me.  May be he is not always your best friend. Hi!

I searched the Microsoft site for a Visual Studios 2010 Express version
unsuccessfully.  Is there such a product?  I have installed the 2008
version and I see the 2012 version is or, about to be, released.

Whats the current thinking about the version we are to use for the near
future?

Bob
Vk4xv

On Wed, 2012-08-22 at 00:17 -0500, Bill Tracey wrote:
> The latest code on SVN is using Visual Studio 2010, so you need to
> have to Visual Studio 2010 Redistributable Package installed. Best
> place to get this is direct from Microsoft - currently @
> <http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555>http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
>

> Probably safer to get it there, than some of the Internet back alleys!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill (kd5tfd)

<snip>