[hpsdr] eSSB for SDR's

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Sat Aug 25 10:07:36 PDT 2012

In reference to Ken N9VV's comments:

TAPR also makes and sells Software Defined Radio parts.  iQuad Labs will integrate them
for you.  So 'Apache' (whom you represent in the USA, please disclose this each time!) is
NOT the only alternative to Flex!  If you speak on this list, you should speak of ALL
answers to a problem, not just the one in which you have a financial interest.

Ken also knows that I have modified KISS so that it supports eSSB and wide-AM as well.  I
did this at HIS request!  Yet this wasn't even mentioned in his post.

Currently, the only way Apache hardware supports these modes is via the work that I've
done on KISS, which is TAPR/OpenHPSDR work!  Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not yet aware of
other software that supports transmitting in these modes on OpenHPSDR-derived hardware.

73,
George K9TRV