[hpsdr] eSSB for SDR's

M.B.Singh mbsingh at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 00:06:11 PDT 2012

Namaste Ken,

Thanks for your encouraging post. eSSB sounds good to me and thats why I
would like
to use it with Hermes now as I was quite reluctant to do all the mods in
my Ft-1000MP Mark V and
spend even more on the rack for audio tailoring units.

Amateur radio is experimentation and modes and bandwidth are mere
guidelines per se.
No government unless mindless would takeaway your license for violating
these rules and 3Khz is a guideline
not something casted in steel.

One may experiment within the maximum bandwidth allowed for any band. If
rules maker were so hard and fast
how come ssb was born and accepted as AM ruled the airwaves in pre-ssb era.

experiments must go on within the broad framework and in that spirit I
would like to try eSSb within 5Khz bandwidth.
SDR's provide perfect low cost solution to do just that.

73
Bhanu
Vu2MB

--