[hpsdr] OK you smart guys

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 3 18:52:29 PST 2012

Hi All,
Question: Does the operating frequency reside in a Hermes/Mercury FPGA register where it could be moved and shifted out through a serial interface?
Harris, Collins, Cubic ETC all made really nice pre/post selectors designed to work in a high level RF enviorment. These devices would be perfect as a front end for SDR and some handle 1/2 of TX power. Also Racal made a nice single or dual 13 filter preselector that covers .5MHz to 30 MHz. used in their HF DF systems.  It would be very cool to have devices like these track HPSDR because duplicating the performance and quality would cost a lot of money.  I have a dual Racal preselector interfaced to my Pandora dual mercury box controlled by a switch.
I've also tested the Cubic preselector and find it pretty sharp. I'll control it with 4 thumbwheel switches if I have to.
Santa, I wasn't that bad....Frank WA1GFZ