[hpsdr] New Docs Wiki Page for Hermes Builders

Rob Frohne rob.frohne at wallawalla.edu
Fri Dec 7 13:37:04 PST 2012

Hi,

Here is the wiki page
<http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=Hermes_Board_Build_Notes> for
Hermes builders with solder paste gerbers, photos (Thanks Robin!),
revised BOM (with components separated out by front and back side), and
a color coded component placement diagram for the back side so you can
easily place all the components of like value all at once.  My next step
is to work on a similar diagram for the front side.

I used the solder stencil for the back side, placed the components using
the color coded diagram above, reflowed it in our oven, and it worked
very well.  It took about three hours for the back, but if my components
had been better organized, it would have been maybe 50% faster.  The
front will be much more involved.  :-)

73,

Rob
KL7NA