[hpsdr] New Docs Wiki Page for Hermes Builders

R Wall ml maillistrw at optusnet.com.au
Sat Dec 8 01:33:08 PST 2012

Hi Rob,

Thanks, this will certainly help.

Regards,

Roderick, vk3yc.

From: Rob Frohne
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2012 8:37 AM
To: hpsdr at lists.openhpsdr.org
Subject: [hpsdr] New Docs Wiki Page for Hermes Builders

Hi,

Here is the wiki page for Hermes builders with solder paste gerbers, photos (Thanks Robin!), revised BOM (with components separated out by front and back side), and a color coded component placement diagram for the back side so you can easily place all the components of like value all at once.  My next step is to work on a similar diagram for the front side.

I used the solder stencil for the back side, placed the components using the color coded diagram above, reflowed it in our oven, and it worked very well.  It took about three hours for the back, but if my components had been better organized, it would have been maybe 50% faster.  The front will be much more involved.  :-)

73,

Rob
KL7NA

--