[hpsdr] New UK and world frequency allocations

PETER BUCK peteg3lwt at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 12 07:08:30 PST 2012

Hi all,
From Jan 1st 2013, the UK will have extended frequency allocations in the 60m band as follows (all in kHz):
5258.5 - 5264
5276 - 5284
5288.5 - 5292
5298 - 5307
5313 - 5323
5333 - 5338
5354 - 5358
5362 - 5374.5
5378 - 5382
5395 - 5401.5
5403.5 - 5406.5

Would it be possible please to open up the PowerSDR/HPSDR transmit access for UK users so that transmission is open in the software anywhere within the frequency ranges given. In practice it may be simpler to open the band 5258.5 to 5406.5, - it is then up to users to ensure they keep within the allocations. We are limited to 200W EIRP.
I don't know if Penny/Pennylane/Hermes can give output at the new international allocation of 472 - 479kHz, or whether transformer changes would be needed. Would it be possible to open this narrow band for transmission too?
Pete, G3LWT