[hpsdr] Hermes Bootloader Programming Error (209025): Can't recognize silicon ID for device 1

Rob Frohne rob.frohne at wallawalla.edu
Sun Dec 23 15:33:51 PST 2012

Hi All,

I finally got my last parts mounted and am attempting to program the
bootloader on Hermes using Ubuntu.  The byteblaster instructions.pdf
<http://svn.tapr.org/filedetails.php?repname=OpenHPSDR+Main&path=%2Ftrunk%2FHermes%2FDocumentation%2FByteBlaster-Instructions.pdf>
says to connect the USB Blaster to P2, and I did, but I get the
following error:

Error (209025): Can't recognize silicon ID for device 1

I did one thing that may be causing me trouble.  Since Digikey didn't
have any of the M25P16-VMW6G in stock, I substituted a
M25PX16-VMN6TPCT-ND
<http://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sheets/Micron%20Technology%20Inc%20PDFs/M25PX16.pdf>
instead.

This page suggested
<http://www.altera.com/support/kdb/solutions/rd12132011_913.html> that I
might be better to be connected to P1, but it didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks & 73,

Rob
KL7NA