[hpsdr] Hermes Bootloader Programming Error (209025): Can't recognize silicon ID for device 1

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sun Dec 23 17:39:54 PST 2012

Hi Rob,

Connecting the USB Blaster to P2 is the correct method.

When using the Quartus programmer select Active Serial Programming mode
then Add Device.

You can then do a Blank-Check to see if Quartus can find the device.

I've not used the EEPROM that you have substituted.

If all this fails you can always use P1 to JTAG program the FPGA directly.

Use JTAG mode to do this. This will need to be done each time you cycle
the power but at least you can test the rest of your board.

73 Phil...VK6APH