[hpsdr] getting started in HPSDR looking for some advice

Paul radioboy at telus.net
Sat Dec 29 22:23:10 PST 2012

HI Gang,

New here, and have just been bitten (hard) by the SDR bug and have been
researching for a few weeks now and have decided to go with the SDR
equipment found on the openHPSDR site. Ie Atlas, Ozy, Mercury, Penny etc to
put together an SDR transceiver. I have also been advised to go with the all
in one Hermes, but I want to start with a less expensive system and thought
here would be a good place to start.

Does anyone have any spare units they would be will to part with? I don't
mind piecing together a system over a period of time.

I'm currently playing with a SoftRock 40 lite V6.2 as an SDR 455 IF for my
Racal 6790, to get familiar with the software, and make sure my computer is
up to the task.  It's up and running and I am having a blast playing with
the interface. I'm using Power SDR I/Q V1.12.20

Look forward to being part of this group and contribute what I can.

Cheers

Paul

VE7KHz