[hpsdr] V 2.0 FW Installation (Was hermes Initial, etc.)

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sat Dec 1 13:29:06 PST 2012

Hi Joe,

If you suffered a freeze up it would not be a "brief" freeze up.  A freeze up would require that you power cycle the Hermes board to recover from it.

If what you observed was an audio dropout instead, that's totally different, not at all related to the freeze up issue recently discussed.  Should you suffer audio drop outs you might try using a lower sampling rate or larger buffer sizes in the Setup > Audio menus as such events are typically associated with the PC not being able to keep up with the data stream rates and such events exhibit themselves as momentary loss of signals that recover on their own.

73, Joe K5SO