[hpsdr] Programming Hermes Help

N4IS n4is at comcast.net
Sun Dec 2 14:30:09 PST 2012

Hi Tim

I experienced the same situation you describe. Several attempts to get
Hermes discovered with no joy, but always able to see the Mac address and
the IP was 255.255.255.255. After reading the recommendations to upload the
firmware I understood it and you don't need to change J12 to upgrade the
firmware. J12 is necessary to be on for the boot loader.

I removed J12 , power cycled Hermes and started PowerSDR. It worked
correctly, just quite a longer time to start.  I closed PowerSDR, then
another  power recycle Hermes and open programmer again, this time it
recognized Hermes and the firmware upgrade was easy as expected. It seems
that if you start with J12 on the board is not able to get an IP address.

I have a TAPR Hermes and now the firmware is updated and working just fine.

Regards
Jose Carlos
N4IS