[hpsdr] Programming Hermes Help

N4IS n4is at comcast.net
Sun Dec 2 17:52:50 PST 2012

HI guys

Let me provide a user input. There is nothing wrong with the two processes,
I got confused with the description of J12 on the user manual.

J12: When inserted, this jumper starts the Hermes board in 'bootloader' mode
- see
Appendix A for details regarding this mode. For normal operation, this
jumper should
not be fitted.'
<<

I assumed that a firmware upload is not a normal operation, my first
mistake, and when I read the Appendix A it talks about J12 but there is no
mention of it for the updating Hermes firmware.

The process of upload the firmware is clean and brilliant, what is missing
is just a note on J12 description.

For normal operation and updating Hermes firmware using the HPSDR
programmer, this jumper should not be lifted.

We just keep it simple.

Regards
Jose Carlos
N4IS