[hpsdr] help please - getting started with secondhand HPSDR board set

Laurence Barker laurence at cmlelectronics.co.uk
Tue Dec 4 13:33:10 PST 2012

Joe

Thank you for that. I haven’t had chance to run it again yet but I’ll look
forward to it all springing to life!

Does anyone know where the mechanism for ozy firmware updates is documented
– I’d like to understand the process involved. I understand mercury and
Penelope, because their firmware is held in a flash IC on the board. My long
term plans for this will include writing firmware – even if all I ended up
doing was coding myself something equivalent to what’s already there – just
so I can say I’ve done it.

(I did want to make a spectrum analyzer, and my design was going to use a
10.7MHz 2nd IF
. A tuner, variable bandwidth filter and detector would
achieve that nicely. I’ve seen the Cyclops plan has gone back to the drawing
board; mine might be less ambitious than theirs).

Laurence Barker
Director, CML Electronics Limited
Home of DCC & LocoNet Certified Accessories www.cmlelectronics.co.uk