[hpsdr] Hermes new user manual

Mike Collins mikecol at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Dec 4 17:07:52 PST 2012

On 12/4/2012 7:02 PM, N4IS wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I can see the new Hermes manual V.1.11 at
> http://svn.tapr.org/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/Hermes/Documentation/ but I
> can 't download it. Am I looking at eh wrong place?
>
> Regards
>
> Jose Carlos
>
> N4IS

Hi Jose,

It appears to be there now...   but the rewording of J12 for this
version appears to be in error.  Now says:

"For normal operation, and updating Hermes firmware using the
HPSDRProgrammer
software, this jumper should not be lifted"

If the jumper is not lifted then that would seem to indicate that it is
installed..  That won't work for normal operation, becuz it is in
bootloader mode if inserted.

should probably say:  " this jumper should not be installed or put over
just one pin".    Lifted is not used anywhere else in the document and
would seem to indicated not installed.

73,  Mike Collins   KF4BQ