[hpsdr] Atlas bus protocl definitions

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sun Dec 9 19:38:18 PST 2012

Hi Paul,

You can read the frequency of the Penny(Lane) and Mercury board(s) from
the Atlas bus by decoding the Command & Control data on bus line C20.

You will need to read the USB Protocol Document and the  Metis or
Ozy/Magister  Verilog source to understand the data format and also the
nWire encoding that is used over the Atlas bus.

You should be aware that this protocol changes frequently as new features
are added e.g. additional receivers, duplex operation etc.

I'm not sure of your exact application but to overcome the need to
maintain your code perhaps a CAT interface from the associated PC may be
an alternative approach.

73 Phil...VK6APH