[hpsdr] Beginner OpenHPSDR Linux

AA8K73 GMail aa8k73 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 20:29:54 PST 2012

I need some help getting my HPSDR to run on Linux.  I would like
to transmit and receive with two Mercuries.

System:  Ubuntu 10.04 desktop 32 bit with a separate NIC for the
HPSDR TAPR Metis.  The HPSDR talks fine on Windows XP with PowerSDR.

I downloaded the Newbie Guide from the Ghpsdr3 page.
When I typed:

AA8K:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:andrew-montefusco/ghpsdr3
[sudo] password for AA8K:
Error: can't find signing_key_fingerprint at
ht*ps://launchpad*net/api/1.0/~andrew-montefusco/+archive/ghpsdr3

Am I going after the correct software?  If not, what should I be
using?

I have installed and using MythTV and ZoneMinder, so I have a
little Linux experience.

Mike - AA8K

* inserted to try to get this e-mail through on second attempt