[hpsdr] Metis/Ozy Together on Atlas

Alberto I2PHD i2phd at weaksignals.com
Fri Dec 14 15:47:59 PST 2012

On 12/14/2012 11:57 PM, John Marvin wrote:

> /Thanks for replying and also for writing Winrad. I do have a question
> about the implementation. Couldn't the extio api have been extended to
> add api's for writing the demodulated audio back to the device? That way
> all of the hardware dependencies could have been contained in the extio
> dll and the latency would not have been a problem. Since I have not
> looked at it closely I may have missed something./

John,

    yes, that could have been another possibility. But that would have also meant to change
the specifications of the ExtIO DLL, and at that time there were around a few such DLLs written
by persons that had used my document as base. So I preferred to not change the way the DLL
was supposed to work.

I have received requests to change those specs to accommodate two main improvements :
A) Tx capabilities and B) multiple I/Q pairs
When I will do that, I will also consider adding the sending of the demodulated audio back to the HW.

--
/*73 Alberto I2PHD*/