[hpsdr] KISS 1.1.24 used with VAC from digital program?

Hermann hvh.net at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 13:10:25 PST 2012

Dear George, All,

I recently began thinking on 'VAC' because many people asked about a 'VAC'
functionality for cuSDR.
It is unclear to me what is meant by that term. There's a program called
'VAC' (Virtual Audio Cable).
Is this application integrated in PowerSDR? I don't think so, since no
virtual audio device is generated when I start up PowerSDR.

So, maybe someone can help me out here: when people talk about a 'VAC' - do
they mean 'providing an interface to a locally installed audio device',
i.e., sending demodulated audio data (or raw I/Q samples) to the soundcard
? If this is the case, the term 'VAC' is pretty misleading.

So what does 'VAC' means here (if not the application 'Virtual Aufio
Cable') ?

73, Hermann
DL3HVH