[hpsdr] KISS 1.1.24 used with VAC from digital program?

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Sun Dec 16 06:59:33 PST 2012

Dear Hermann,
You've gotten some very substantial and informative answers to the 'what is VAC' question,
far beyond what I could have done!

I would add that in some previous discussions on this list, the issue of the data rate of
the audio data was also brought up.  PowerSDR only supports the 48k sample rate, I think.
That means that it doesn't do the more common 44.1k sample rate and similar.  So a lot of
other programs that you might 'plug in' to PowerSDR don't work or don't work properly
because of this mismatch in the data rate.  There was discussion at that time about things
like data-rate-converters, which might be used.  It would seem that these would have to be
built into PowerSDR (or cuSDR or other software) to adapt PowerSDR's internal design to
the rest of the outside world.

I'm likely discussing this issue poorly, due mostly to only being peripherally aware of
it, and not knowing enough about actually programming audio data streams to speak with
real knowledge on it.  Others know a lot more, from what I recall, and hopefully, they can
point out the previous discussion or recall the essence of it.

73,
George K9TRV