[hpsdr] CW Skimmer and Mercury receiver

Rob Frohne rob.frohne at wallawalla.edu
Sun Dec 16 11:56:58 PST 2012

Hi Jacques, et. al.,

We really need an open source version of CW Skimmer.  I started with a
class project for such a thing (CWRobot
<http://www.tapr.org/pdf/DCC2010-RoboticRadio-KL7NA.pdf>), but it
doesn't even begin to compete with Alex's CW Skimmer, and needs a lot
more work, though we did have it decoding multiple signals.  This year
again, when I teach Communications Systems in the spring, I plan to have
the students work on it some more.  In the mean time, any ideas on the
best algorithms would be very welcome.  Alex is a very bright
mathematician, engineer and programmer.  I know he is using Bayesian
statistics, but that is pretty broad.  It won't be easy catching up to him.

73,

Rob
KL7NA

On 12/16/2012 09:24 AM, f6bki at orange.fr wrote:

> Hello All, I think it is working with Mercury if you use OZY but if
> you use Metis ( like me ) it is not supported.
>
> I have already asked Alex VE3NEA to have CWSkimmer supported with
> Metis and he told me it will be suported with Hermes and the suport
> for Metis is not in is list .
>
> Maybe if a lot of people ask Alex he might change his priorities ???
>
> 73
> Jacques F6BKI
>
> -----Message d'origine----- From: afghound at roadrunner.com
> Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:29 PM
> To: hpsdr at openhpsdr.org
> Subject: [hpsdr] CW Skimmer and Mercury receiver

> Has anyone been able to get CW Skimmer to work with the Mercury
> option selected?
> I know there was a site that explains how to move two files to
> make this happen, but I can't find it now.
> I do have the skimmer working with the "softrock IF" option, but
> would like to see if the Mercury selection would produce a cleaner
> display image.
> Glen  K8CZC

Rob Frohne, PhD, PE
Professor