[hpsdr] ghpsdr3-alex-master TX output level

w3sz 73w3sz at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 11:23:48 PST 2012

Hi Alfredo et al,

I just started playing with ghpsdr3-alex Thursday night.  So I am still
really a newbie with it.

I last checked out a new version of the master branch of the code last
night [12-28].

With that, I am able to listen to Hermes or Metis/Penelope/Mercury from
either the server computer, or from other computers in my house by using
either Linux-based or Windows-based versions of QtRadio.

When I transmit using Metis/Penelope/Mercury , I do get carrier out in
the "Tune" position as expected.  However, when I transmit using Hermes,
everything looks like it is working properly including the transmitted
signal indication on the waterfall as you described, but I don't get any
actual signal out.  A quick check using PowerSDR confirms that the
transmitter in Hermes is working fine, so this is not a hardware issue.

A few of hints for anyone else wanting to explore this great software:

The online instructions for installing and setting up ghpsdr3-alex are
excellent.  They are at:
http://napan.ca/ghpsdr3/index.php/Developers_Documentation

The main webpage for ghpsdr3-alex is at:
http://napan.ca/ghpsdr3/index.php/Main_Page

I put a few newbie instructions [i.e. things that I found useful] at:
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/ghpsdr3-alex.htm

Thanks to All the ghpsdr3 guys!

73,

Roger Rehr