[hpsdr] New Hermes and Metis code available

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Mon Dec 31 08:19:11 PST 2012

Hi Kjell,

1)  I just checked Hermes_v2.1 here.  The Tune, MOX, and PTT controls work fine on my Hermes for extended key down periods, using Apollo selected or using Alex selected as hardware in PowerSDR, even though I don't have an Apollo amplifier here to test the Apollo behavior specifically.  I wonder if your particular transmitter (the Apollo amp or Hermes transmitter) is going into thermal overload or is trying to work into a high SWR situation?

2) I also checked my HPSDRProgrammer v1.6 and find that only a single click on "Program" is required for me to reprogram Hermes.  The programmer behavior you observe could potentially be a result of a local setting on your PC, yes?

It's puzzling to me as to why you see different results from "normal" but whatever it is that is causing your results does not seem to be a general feature of the Hermes_v2.1 firmware nor a general feature of the HPSDRProgrammer v1.6 program.

73, Joe K5SO