[hpsdr] Atlas-PS

Nick Massey nrmonline at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 18 20:32:47 PST 2012

I heard some interesting discussion about Atlas-PS on Teamspeak.

I think Scotty said that it would take 13V-24V, or more. If you are going to
be using a switch-mode converter for +12V anyway then please consider using
a buck-boost so that we can run HPSDR off a "12-volt" battery which might go
as low as 10 or 11 volts.

There was also mention of screening cans. The Laird Technologies BMIS-2xx
series two part shields are great and, if required, are available (selected
sizes anyway) in small quantities from DigiKey and Mouser.

Nick, VA7NRM