[hpsdr] Hermes

M B Singh mbsingh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 05:29:48 PST 2012

Hi

A few days ago I have seen an email about Hermes cost and Scotty WA2DFI
mentioned that it would be around

$900. This radio is generating lot of interest in Indian Hams as this
radio's hardware is being developed locally

and I am sure that between 75-100 Ham may be interested in buying this
radio.

My query is that since $900 is no small amount and one has to spend on 15W /
100W amplifier and its casing.

So I am sure price would escalate to approx. $1200.

Buying the same stuff from US would attract Custom duties @30.5% + shipping
cost.

So it would cost approximately $1750 !!

What If this can be assembled here in India for Indian hams so the
unnecessary cost of customs duties and shipping

Charges can be avoided.

Please do something so that we can avoid paying what is avoidable.

73's

Bhanu

VU2MB