[hpsdr] PicoPSU power supplies

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Sat Feb 4 14:44:51 PST 2012

Hi Dan.

I have used both the 150W PicoPsu that only runs from 12V+- 0,5V and the
125W that runs from 10V-25V and both have surprisingly low spurious
radiation. When plugged  directly into the Atlas bus, only 2 spurs are
visible on Mercury on 160 and 80 Meter. The level is < 1uV.

If I try to measure the spurs using a 2 turn loop around 1 inch from the
PSU, I can see some more spurs but they are very weak. Compared to what I
measure from a high quality CORSAIR ATX 650W PSU they are much better. The
650W has high level of spurs on VHF 145MHz and even higher.

73, Kjell