[hpsdr] PicoPSU power supplies

Dave G4FRE WW2R g4fre at g4fre.com
Sat Feb 4 14:20:09 PST 2012

Hi John

A few years ago I was building a pair of atom boards with the PICO PSU for
the rtty computers at MW2I. Reading the manual I also spotted that 13-13.5V
statement and wondered if it excluded 13.8V (which we might need for VHF
portable operation). So I called and asked them. A very curt guy said "cant
you read the manual... if it says 13-13.5V it means 13-13.5V not 13-13.8V"
So I bought the PicoPSU-120-WI-25 12-25V  which I had seen in a car mounted
atom board based audio systems (I kid not!) I have seen running these 2
contest pico-psus have had no trouble with them or the one in my HPSDR since

I also noted that in their "power supply kits" such as "picoPSU-120 + 102W
Adapter Power Kit" they supply a 12.0V PSU, not a 13.8V one

Dave

ww2r