[hpsdr] Metis as JTAG Programming

Walter Holmes Walterh at k5wh.net
Sat Feb 4 12:03:59 PST 2012

Ok, I have done this multiple times, but for some reason it's not working
now, and surely I must be missing something extremely simple.. :)

I have just flashed the Metis board up to 1.6 just fine.

After powering down, placing the jumper on JP1 of Metis, then back up, and
restarting HPSDRProgrammer, clicking on Metis Boot Loader, then selecting
JTAG Programmer, then Interrogate, I get the popular  Error:timeout reading
interrogating JTAG chain! Message

I ruled out the network, but using a CAT5 cable straight form the PC to the
Metis board, with the Metis card on a static IP, and the PC as well, in the
same network.

If I click on Metis Programmer and Discover, it finds Metis fine, with the
correct IP address, so I know it's talking to Metis at some level.

Anyone know what step I have overlooked ?

Many thanks,
Walter/K5WH