[hpsdr] SWR Problems with PennyLane

Mark Leone midnightjava at verizon.net
Sun Feb 5 22:12:29 PST 2012

Thanks Phil and Scotty. I looked at JP2, and I don't see labels
indicating pin numbers. It was configured with the middle and right pins
jumered, which I think was labeled Int. I tried jumpering the left to
middle pin, which I think was labeled Ext, but this didn't help.

I'm wondering if I'm missing a document. The only document I've found
that discusses jumper settings is the Penelope manual. It gives a photo
of standard jumper settings but doesn't say what each jumper does (apart
from the discussion of the three mic-setting jumpers). And of course the
physical layout for PennyLane is different, so setting jumpers by photo
comparison doesn't work.

On PennyLane, I have the following jumpers set, which is how the board
came configured: JP7, JP10, and JP11 have jumpers present. There are two
three-pin vertically oriented jumpers near the center of the board,
which aren't labeled with JP numbers, but have the text Config A and
Config B. These jumpers are both set to connect the middle and bottom
pins. No other jumpers on the board are set.

73

Mark - K4XML