[hpsdr] Hermes cost

John Westmoreland john at westmorelandengineering.com
Thu Feb 23 00:11:33 PST 2012

Hello Jim,

Wow - this is quickly getting to the 'you gotta be kidding category'.

I will help with a Hermes 'spin' or Hermes lite to get around this
seemingly ridiculous cost.

I could go on about issues I have faced with the tariffs regarding the
country in question - but I won't.

I'd rather do something positive like why don't we start work on Hermes II,
Hermes Lite, or whatever gets this to a reasonable resolution.  The
architecture is open; we get to do what makes the most sense.  I have
board/assembly houses here that can easily beat the costs I have seen
quoted here.  No tariffs necessary.

73's,
John W.
AJ6BC