[hpsdr] Hermes cost

jim goldenberg n1kwz at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 20:21:40 PST 2012

I don't mean to argue but the dialog started because the suggested price of Hermes seems to have escalated to $900. As suggested in one email in India that drives the price to nearly $1800 with tax and duties. I only mentioned labor because I remembered that someone suggested labor prices could lower cost. My point was labor should not be a driver to cost.

The real question is why has the Hermes BOM gone up in cost so much?  I would like to see a costed BOM, I might be able to help drive down some of those costs through my day job.

Jim Goldenberg, N1KWZ
Director Engineering, L-3 Communications IOS Brashear